New Delhi: Online Registration and Choice Filling for seat allocation conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) for admission to various institutions including IITs, NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs for the academic year 2017-18 is starting from Thursday June 15 at 10:00 am.
The last date for online registration and choice filling will end on June 26, 2017 at 05:00 pm.
The first round of Seat Allotment will be held on June 28, 2017 whereas the first round reporting for Seat Acceptance should be done from June 29 to July 03, 2017, according to the schedule released by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2017 on its official website.
The official website for Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is josaa.nic.in
The online registration, choice filling and all other activities related to seat allocation will be done through this website only. An appropriate link for online registration and choice filling will be made active on josaa.nic.in on June 15.
All the candidates who appeared for JEE (Main) 2017 are considered while preparing rank lists and are allowed to fill-in their choices. The rank lists provided by the JEE Apex Board will be used as such without any change even if two or more candidates have the same rank; in other words, JoSAA 2017 will NOT apply any tie-breaking norms / rules.
- For filling-in of choices of academic programs in various Institutes,
candidates should login to the JOSAA 2017 official website using their JEE (Main) 2017 Roll Number and password.
- Filling-in of choices on the online portal is free of cost, i.e., candidates are
NOT required to pay any fee, the JOSAA 2017 information file says.
- A candidate may be eligible for seat allocation based on one, two or all three examinations viz., JEE (Advanced) 2017, JEE (Main) 2017 Paper-1 (B.E. / B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) 2017 Paper-2 (B.Arch. /B.Planning).
- Even for candidates who are eligible to participate in Joint Seat Allocation based on any two or all three of the above examination, only ONE seat from among the choices filled-in is made available. Hence, it is important for candidates to carefully prioritize the academic programs while fillingin the choices.
- Candidates are given a 12 day window to fill-in their choices which includes 2 mock seat allocations on the 6th and 9th day. This 12-day window will not be extended under any circumstance.
- Candidates should take advantage of the mock seat allocations and
choose as many academic programs as possible in the order of preference.
- Candidates MUST “lock” their choices after 2nd mock seat allocation. If candidates do NOT lock their choices, last saved choices will be locked automatically in the last minute of last date of choice filling. Candidates will NOT be able to change their choices / preference order any more.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2017 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 97 institutes for the academic year 2017-18. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs).
Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform.