Bangalore: The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) on Friday extended the last date of online application for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) by about ten days i.e. till March 08, 2017.
The last date to apply for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) was earlier fixed as February 27.
"As per the request by many students and parents, the last date of online application for K-CET 2017 has been extended up to March 08, 2017 and to pay the fees is extended up to March 10, 2017", the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) said in an official statement.
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) had invited applications for admission to various professional courses for the year 2017-18 and last date to apply online was fixed as February 27 and the last date to pay the fees was fixed as March 02.
"Till now if any student has not been able to apply for K Cet 2017, he or she can apply on or before March 08, 2017 and pay the fees on or before March 10, 2017.
"No more extension of time will be given to students to apply online or to pay the fees for the Karnataka CET 2017", the KEA said in the statement.
The KEA had earlier released the schedule and time table of the Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) to be held for admission to various courses available in the next academic year.
According to the official release, the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) will be held on May 2 and May 3, 2017.
According to the information uploaded on the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) website, the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) will be held as per the following schedule:
- May 2, 2016: Test for Biology and Mathematics at 10.30 am and 2.30 pm respectively. Duration of both the papers will be of 1 hour 20 minute. Both the papers are of 60 marks each
- May 3, 2016: Test for Physics and Chemistry at 10.30 and 2.30 pm respectively. Duration of both the papers will be of 1 hour 20 minutes. Both the papers are of 60 marks each
- May 4, 2016: The Kannada language test for Horanadu and Gadinadu students will be held from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. The paper will be of 50 marks.
Candidates willing to appeare for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017), held every year for admission to various undergraduate courses in the state, can check the detailed schedule and exam pattern by logging-in to the KEA wesite and then following the following steps.
- Go to the official website by clicking here: www.kea.kar.nic.in
- Once on the home page, click on the link 'Karnataka CET 2017 Exam Schedule'
- Download and save the schedule and other information available in pdf file
The common entrance test cell was established in the year 1994 for conducting entrance tests to determine the merit of the candidates for admission to professional courses such as Medical, Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy, Engineering / Technology and Architecture courses, Farm science, B-Pharm, Pharm-D courses.
CET provides admissions to Medical, Dental, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Naturapathy and Yoga, Engineering, B.Sc Agriculture, Sericulture, Forestry, Horticulture, B-Pharma and D-Pharma courses and is applicable only to the students of Karnataka.
To expand the activities of the CET cell, the government in the year 2006 converted it in to an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act 1960 called Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).