New Delhi: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has started receiving from Monday October 22, 2018 online application for SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D Examinations to be held in the month of February 2019. The last date of application is November 19, 2018, according to the notification released on Staff Selection Commission website ssc.nic.in.
"The Staff Selection Commission will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India", the official notification said.
"Only those candidates who have required skills in stenography as explained in Para 13 (e) are eligible to apply", it added.
How to Apply
Please note that the process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts. 1. One Time Registration and 2. Filling of online Application for the Examination
- Click here to go to official website: ssc.nic.in.
- Read the notification carefully.
- Follow the steps to proceed for registration.
Educational Qualifications (As on 01.01.2019)
- The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.6.2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates including technical education degree/ diploma awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grant Commission.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2019, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications will require to be produced by the candidates at the time of Document Verification or as and when required by the Commission, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of the Notice of examination.
SSC Stenographer February 2019 Exam Centre
A candidate must indicate the Centre(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centres and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centres are located are as follows:
No request for change of Centre of Examination will be considered later under any circumstances. Hence, the candidates should select the centers, carefully and indicate the same correctly in their applications.
"The Commission will endeavour to accommodate the candidates in centres opted by them. However, the Commission reserves the right to cancel any Centre and ask the candidates of that centre to appear from another centre. Commission also reserves the right to divert candidates of any centre to some other Centre to take the examination", according to the notification.
SSC Stenographer February 2019 Exam Schedule
According to the SSC notification for Stenographer exam, the Computer Based Test will be held between February 01 to February 06, 2019.
For all the latest News, Opinions and Views, download ummid.com App
Select Langauge To Read in Urdu, Hindi, Marathi or Arabic