Mumbai: Though there is no decision yet on the exact date, a board official said that the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education (MHBHSHE) Pune is all set to declare the results of the SSC or Class 10/Class X 2015 Supplementary Exam results soon.
"The paper assessments in all the nine divisions of the baord are in their final stage, and the board is ready to declare the results of the SSC or Class 10/Class X 2015 Supplementary Exam in couple of weeks", a board official said.
He said that the board intends to declare the 2015 SSC re-exam results as early as possible so that the students can take admissions in the next class.
"The aim of the re-exam was to save a year of the students who could not pass the March 2015 exam. The academic activities of Class 11 have already begun. Delaying results will be harmful", he said.
The first ever SSC re-exam, for students who failed in the exam held in March 2015, was conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE), from July 21 to August 05, 2015..
The exam saw a huge number of registrations from all nine divisions across the state. According to statistics provided by the board, around 1.38 lakh students registered for the re-exam, of which Mumbai had 32,325 students, the highest among all nine divisions.
The Pune division had 18,821, Amaravati 17,565, Aurangabad 16,854, Nagpur 16,768, Latur 12,942, Nashik 12,741, Kolhapur 9,426 whereas in the Konkan region 1,350 students had registered for the re-exam.
Meanwhile, from among repeaters 1,52,552 who appeared in the March exams only 75,262 had been successful, hence, the number of repeaters appearing for the July/August 2015 SSC exams also has them registered.
The re-exam was held to give a second chance to those students who were unsuccessful in the March 2015 exams.
Krishna Patil, Secretary, MSBSHSE, Pune, said it was a golden opportunity for the students to ensure that they pass and continue their education without wasting a year.
“The registered students are those who were unsuccessful in the March 2015 exams but also include repeaters. The 1,38,792 students are more than the total unsuccessful regular students in the March 2015 exams, hence it is assumed that the repeaters from previous year have also applied,” said Patil.
Soon after the SSC results were declared on June 17, state Education Minister Vinod Tawde had announced that the board would be conducting the exams again to ensure that the unsuccessful students do not lose an academic year.
At many exam centres where students reached late for the exam due to rain, the students were provided extra time by the officials.
“We had instructed all the exam centres to provide extra time to all those students who reach late due to rains. Hence there were no reports of any students being inconvenienced,” said Patil.
The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education (MHBHSHE), an Autonomous Board of State Secondary and Higher Secondary education, was established by the State government in 1965. The main aim of the board is to provide education to all students of Maharashtra state who are under secondary and higher secondary level.