A new breed of game-changer RTI activists is taking on the venomous "My Lord" legacy of the establishment bequeathed by the colonial masters. It takes just Rs.10 to freak the high and mighty. Landmark exposés of political corruption and corporate crimes require investigative appetite and consistency in pursuing matters of public interest. Thus RTI, a gift of UPA, is like truth serum to take on the recessive and well-oiled lethal system.
Gone are the days of the well-scripted ‘Abki Baar Modi Sarkar’, now it’s time for frontal attacks on minorities by framing government policies to exclude them from public life, changing the BJP slogan to ‘Abki Baar Muslim Pe Vaar – Shukriya Modi Sarkar’.
It is common knowledge that the ongoing communal agenda of the Modi government is responsible for raising the level of communal hatred in the country to an unprecedented high level even in government corridors though it is difficult to prove.
Here we have, for the first time in the life of this government, a written, blunt RTI reply in our hands which unashamedly says that it’s Modi government policy not to recruit Muslims in government jobs. We received this reply through RTI.
The reply makes it clear that a total number of 3841 Muslims applied for Yoga trainer/teacher jobs in the Ayush ministry, including 711 Muslims who applied for short-term jobs as Yoga teachers/trainers in foreign countries but none was selected.
The reason: it’s government policy not to recruit Muslims! This reply obviously concerns a certain scheme in a small ministry. You can only think of the wider implications of this policy across the government.
We filed an RTI at the Ayush Ministry asking:
- Please provide the details, how many (total numbers) Muslim candidates had applied for short-term abroad assignment (Trainer/Teacher) during World Yog Day 2015?
- How many Muslims applied for the post of Yoga Trainer / Teacher so far?
The written answer from the Ayush Ministry dated 8 October, 2015 is blunt and clear:
- As per government policy: No Muslim candidate was invited, selected or sent abroad.
- A total of 711 Muslim candidates applied for short-term abroad assignment (trainer/teacher) during World Yog Day 2015.
- A total 3841 Muslim candidates applied till date (for the post of Yoga Trainer / Teacher)
- Selected candidates: Nil.
This not only exposes the Modi government’s communal agenda but may be considered the first such reply by any government in independent India that as per policy, Muslims are excluded from recruitment.
[The above report is appearing in The Milli Gazette, New Delhi, 16-31 March, 2016]