Mumbai: The online registration for Common Admission Test (CAT 2017) has started from today i.e. August 09, 2017. Aspiring candidates, who want a career in business management, can apply before September 20, 2017 through the online registration process.
The IIM Lucknow in the official notification of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 released on July 29 had said the coveted exam will be conducted on November 26, 2017.
"The CAT 2017 will be conducted on November 26. Online registration process will start on August 09. The last date to apply online is September 20, 2017", Professor Neeraj Dwivedi, convener, CAT 2017 said in the release issued by IIM Lucknow on Saturday.
How to apply for CAT 2017:
- Click here to directly jump to registration page: iimcat.ac.in.
- Enter your Name and other details to get Registration to get User Id and Password
- Click on "Generate OTP" to receive One Time Password
- Type the Text shown in the given box
- Click on "I Agree" box
- Click on Submit to proceed
Candidates should note that they will receive the User Id in the registered email address and Password as SMS on the registered mobile number.
Overseas candidates will receive both User Id & password on registered email address. Candidate should then login with the User ID and Password to complete the application for CAT 2017.
The candidates should also note that the link to download Admit Cards will be made active on October 18, 2017.
The CAT 2017 will be conducted at approximately 140 test centres spread across India. It will be conducted by IIM Lucknow (IIML) after a gap of seven years.Candidates will be given option to select four Test Cities in order of preference.
The duration of the test will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
Tutorial to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 18, 2017. IIM-L has advised candidates to work on the tutorials, available on the website, well in advance.
The CAT 2017 notification further said that candidates should pay the registration fee through online payment modes only, which include credit cards, debit cards and net banking. After submission of application, candidates will be permitted to download their admit card from October 18 onwards, till the date of test.
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 is the compulsory test for MBA admissions in 19 IIMs and 150 other institutes of the country.
The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) followed by Personal Interviews (PI) roundAll the selected candidates will get admission in around 20 IIM institutes established in various parts of the nation.
For more information or any query, candidates can check the official website of IIM Lucknow.