Mumbai: The National Eligibility and Entrance Test or NEET is one of the most important competitive exams for medical entrance in India. As per the records, the level of competition is increasing year by year and in order to get admissions in one of the top medical colleges, students should be well prepared.
Every year, more than eleven lakh students appear for this exam for nearly the 1 lakh seats available in different medical colleges. Therefore, clearing this exam and getting admission into a medical college to pursue an MBBS and other medical courses is a challenging job for every candidate.
This year the CBSE will conduct NEET (UG) 2018 on Sunday May 06, 2018. With just a few months left for the examination, we hope the preparation is going in a full swing. Here are a few tips and tricks to crack "NEET 2018".
Tips and Tricks to Crack NEET 2018
- First and the foremost thing is to know completely about the exam pattern, syllabus, time allotment and mark distributions. As it is a vast syllabus of complete two years, try to sort it out and focus only on important topics. Important topics for NEET 2018 includes:
- For Biology-- Ecosystem, Genetics, Cell Biology, Reproduction, and Basics of Biotechnology.
- For Chemistry-- Mole Concept, Chemical Bonding, Periodic Table, Coordination Chemistry.
- For Physics-- Mechanics, Optics, and Nuclear Physics.
- The next most important point is to collect all the study materials. It is quite difficult in selecting the reference books, so meet the experts, toppers, your lectures and take their advice. Never forget to include NCERT textbooks of all three subjects - Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Once the study materials are ready, create an effective study plan. Make sure to cover each and every topic of the exam syllabus and also allot extra time for revisions, and referring other important referral notes.
- The most effective way of preparing for competitive exams are by practicing questions from NCERT textbooks, "NCERT solutions" for class 11 and 12. Memorize all formulas, equations, important terminologies, the names of the scientist with their inventions and discoveries, etc. Always remember to focus more on running notes, glossary and other important points given at the end of every topic.
- Practicing question papers and sample papers are one of the most effective ways to prepare for NEET exams. As this helps students to get an idea about the question paper pattern, time management, and the mark distributions. Concentrate more on Biology topics as it is the major subject of this exam.
- Students can join the best coaching center as it gives more advantages to succeed in NEET. Self-studying will work, but group studying will certainly improve the student’s success. By joining coaching institutes, students can clear all their queries and get trained by the toppers and other tutors.
Students can follow the above mentioed tips and tricks to crack their upcoming NEET exam. But, for more tips and guidance, subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube Channel to watch interactive video lessons on various biology exam topics and also join interesting student discussion forums to get involved in the various discussions and learn interesting concepts.
For all the latest Education News, download ummid.com App
Select Langauge To Read in Urdu, Hindi, Marathi or Arabic