Welcome Guest! You are here: Home » Coronavirus Outbreak

Luckiest 1000 to perform Hajj 2020 will be selected after rigorous health check-up

This year’s pilgrim ratio will comprise 70 percent non-Saudi residents, with Saudis making up the remaining 30 percent

Thursday July 9, 2020 0:21 AM, UNA-OIC

Hajj 2020 selection

Riyadh: The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah Saudi Arabia Wednesday indicated that health standards are the primary selection criteria for the 1000 luckiest pilgrims who will perform Hajj this year.

As per the Saudi government’s decision, this year’s pilgrim ratio will comprise 70 percent non-Saudi residents, with Saudis making up the remaining 30 percent.

Saudi pilgrims will be strictly chosen among Saudi healthcare workers and security personnel who had fully recovered from COVID-19. These pilgrims will be selected from the COVID-19 recovery database, insomuch as they meet established health criteria.

'Token of appreciation'

"This is a token of appreciation for their role in providing care for our society as it fought the pandemic", the ministry said.

The ministry indicated it will prioritize medically-fit non-Saudi residents who have undergone a negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test; are first-time pilgrims, and are 20 to 50 years old. Those are selected will be asked to abide by a quarantine period decided by the health ministry before and after performing Hajj.

The ministry added that eligible non-Saudi residents can register through the ministry’s website via the following link:


Last date to apply July 10

The website will be online for a period of five days, starting from Monday, 6 July 2020, to Friday, 10 July 2020. Those eligible will be able to register during these five days.

The ministry also explained that the selection of non-Saudi pilgrims would be carried out electronically and would cover medically-fit registrants. Those selected will be required to submit all necessary documents within a predetermined period.

Special plans for Hajj 2020

The ministry reaffirmed the Saudi government’s eagerness for a successful organization of Haj while upholding the best health standards and due precautions, to ensure the pilgrims’ safety.

The ministry added that special organizing plans have been made for Hajj 2020, including top healthcare services, and appropriate segmentation plans which apply all the requirements set by the ministry of health.

"These plans will be implemented thoroughly and rigorously to ensure the safety of all pilgrims", the ministry said.

For all the latest News, Opinions and Views, download ummid.com App.

Select Language To Read in Urdu, Hindi, Marathi or Arabic.

Share this page

 Post Comments
Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.ummid.com