A massive fire today morning gutted a plastic factory in this
North Maharashtra town, destroying goods worth lakhs of rupees. No
casualties are reported.
"The plastic factory and adjacent
godown in Malde-Shivar area of Malegaon were gutted due to the
massive fire that began today morning at 09:40", Chief Fire
Officer Sonawane said while speaking to ummid.com.
"Preliminary information said the
fire broke out due to the short circuit", he added.
The fire was so huge that the
firefighters took almost two hours to control. Fire-brigades were
also called from nearby towns before the fire was controlled by
No casualties or injuries are
reported but, according to the owner of the factory Turab Khan
Ghulab Khan, he suffered the loss worth lakhs of rupees.
After textiles, plastic industry is
the main business in this Muslim dominated town.
On February 08, in a similar
incident one person was killed and damages worth lakhs of rupees
were reported when fire due to short circuit broke out in nearby
Datar Nagar area.