New Delhi: Long hours of festivities, erratic schedules, food binges and loads of heavy make-up -- all this can take a toll on the bride’s skin. From sticking to the right food, regular skincare and work-out, you can regain the bridal glow in no time, says an expert.
Sangeeta Velaskar, vice president and head, medical services and R&D, Kaya Limited, shares some tips on how to regain the nuptial glow:
- Detox for the body - What you eat reflects on your skin. Rich and heavy food indulgences make the digestive system sluggish and results in dull, spotty and dry skin. Opt for fruits, nuts, sprouts, legumes, broccoli, beetroot and so on. Drink lots of water to keep the body hydrated or eat fruits and vegetables that have high water content such as watermelons, cucumbers, strawberries and peaches. Incorporate a vegetable juice in your daily diet to increase fibre intake and recapture the bridal glow.
- Look after your skin - Bring on lots of TLC - tender, loving, skincare by continuing to follow the golden rule of maintaining the CTM (Cleansing, Toning, Moisturising) ritual. Introduce a night cream with vitamin C to your daily regime as it helps renew face cells, restores skin elasticity and boosts collagen in your skin. And lastly, limit the use of makeup products by opting for a minimalistic look.
- Luscious tresses - Indulge in a rejuvenating hair spa to de-stress, recover lost moisture and enhance the texture of your hair. Use a gentle shampoo to cleanse your scalp, followed by a protective conditioner that restores your hair to its healthy state. Also, ensure that you limit the use of heated appliances such as blow dryer, curling iron or flat iron.
- Quick fix facial - Treat yourself to a facial that is designed to provide strong detoxification. Some of the ingredients to look out for are - exotic marine extracts for a healthy skin; tea tree oil for its antibacterial, antiseptic and balsamic properties; antioxidants that reverse the effects of ageing and mulberry extracts that are a rich source of proteins and a powerhouse of nutrients.
- Work it out - Move, run, dance, hit the gym or practice yoga and get an adrenaline rush. Regular exercise helps in increasing the supply of blood, which in turn nourishes the skin cells and keeps them vital. Also, it helps to flush cellular debris therefore, cleaning the system from the inside.